Are you certified by Yoga Alliance USA?
Yes, we are registered with Yoga Alliance as RYS 200 since March 2016
Do you provide Yoga Alliance certification?
We provide you a certificate that you should use to register yourself in Yoga Alliance USA as registered yoga teacher 200 (RYT 200 ).
How do I register myself as RYT 200 or RYT 500 in Yoga Alliance USA?
Sign up your account in YA USA and register yourself as yoga teacher. You will be asked to upload your teacher training certificate. Once you upload the certificate we have provided on completion of your course, YA will send us an email to verify your eligibility for the certification. We will verify your eligibility and YA will send you an email to confirm your registration. Congratulations!! Now you can work as registered yoga teacher anywhere around the world!
What is the daily schedule of 200 hour Yoga TTC?
The table below shows the daily schedule (Monday to Saturday) you will follow during your 200 hour Yoga TTC in Karuna yoga. You will be involved in extra activities like short trips to surrounding places or such during weekend i.e. Sunday. This is a general schedule subject to change according to the season and any improvements implemented. We wish you discuss with teachers, talk with staff and try to familiarize with the surroundings so you can take much more with you than someone who just keeps focused on the classroom activities.
When should I book a seat for Yoga TTC?
Pay non-refundable deposit of US$ 200 for 200 hour Yoga TTC to book your seat. The remainder of the course fee should be paid in cash (USD, EUR, CAD, AUD, GBP or INR) upon arrival at the school. If you want to pay the whole amount through paypal, it will attract 5% transaction fee. If you want to pay through credit card, it will attract 4% transaction fee. [The transaction fee is subject to change according to the service tax policy of government/paypal.
I’m ready to join! How do I sign up?
If you have decided that our program is the right fit for you, or if you would like additional information, please fill out the registration form on the page http://karunayoga.in/yoga_registration.php. We will send you a personalized follow up email within 1-2 days with instructions for submitting your deposit via PayPal.
Do I need any vaccinations?
No vaccinations are required to enter into India; however some students feel more comfortable receiving vaccinations before they come. It is completely your decision. If you are interested in getting vaccinated before traveling to India, we advise you to check with a travel doctor to see which vaccinations they recommend.
How will I contact my friends and family?
We understand that it is important for you to let your loved ones know that you have safely arrived in India and are doing well during your TTC. However, we ask that you also please remember that you will most benefit from your TTC if you focus on your yoga training without the distractions from home. Try to limit contact with family and friends during your course so that you can focus on your homework and spiritual training. With that in mind, you should check with your wireless provider regarding international charges for using your cell phone out of country. Wireless internet is available in our yoga centers in Bangalore and there are also a few internet cafes. It is also available in your room and at certain times at the yoga school. Indian phones can also be purchased inexpensively to make phone calls to other Indian phone numbers and to international phone numbers at a decent rate. In case of emergency, it is best to keep your emergency phone numbers written down in a notebook that you can keep with you, and give family and loved ones the accommodation information noted on the “contact us” page.
What about money?
In India, the currency is rupees (INR). We advise you to bring USD, NOT TRAVELERS CHECKS. You may exchange money or use an ATM at airport in Bangalore. There are also ATMs in Bangalore. Be sure to inform your banks and credit card companies that you will be traveling to India before you leave to avoid fraud protection freezes. Rule of thumb: bring $100 for each week of your trip. You will not need that much unless you plan to make expensive souvenir purchases. It is also a good idea to check the exchange rate at http://www.xe.com/ucc/
Which visa should I apply for?
You should apply for Tourist Visa. Remember, you should not mention about joining a yoga course in the visa application form because it may lead to complications. Registering to our course does not secure study or yoga visa for you. We can guide you further on this once you book your seat with us.
What is the appropriate time to apply for visa?
We recommend you to apply a month prior to departure. Tourist visa is generally valid for six months from the day it is issued. Please confirm with the Indian Embassy in your country about the validity. You can also apply for e-tourist visa if you need it instantly but it is valid for only 30 days and you may not be able to attend the full course or return after completion of the course, so calculate time carefully. Remember that you are expected to reach the school by the eve your classes begin and leave on the next day of graduation ceremony i.e. the last day of the class.
What is the appropriate day & time to arrive at the school?
We expect you to reach the school one day prior to class date, this will offer you time to rest and be familiar to the place. Your stay from one day prior to the course date will be complimentary, you can reach by 5PM of that day. There will be an introductory session on the eve of class start date. On the first day of class, we will have fire ceremony at 10AM, this is the formal beginning of the class.
When can I depart from the school? This helps me to book return flight ticket.
On the last day of the class, graduation ceremony will begin around 4PM or later. So, you may not have time to travel to airport the same day and fly back home. Our classes end on Saturday so you can buy flight tickets for Sunday; you can leave the school early morning that day. If you think you will have some plans to travel around India with your new friends, plan accordingly.
Do you provide on ground transportation? How much does this cost?
You can book a taxi through us from Bangalore airport, Costs – US$ 40 from Bangalore airport or hotel.
When should I arrive?
We have a traditional Indian fire ceremony and orientation meeting on the first day training at 3:00 PM to ensure students knows where the classes will be held, to familiarize with the facilities, and to allow students to meet each other and their teachers. Student attendance at the orientation day is compulsory.
Suggest me about clothing.
Pack comfortable clothes that allow you to stretch and contract your body. We call it yoga clothes. Try to cover your body while roaming around because this is India, people here have a culture of covering themselves. Comfortable shoes have no option. You can also bring light flip-flops or choose to buy here in cheap rate as low as INR 200 (may be less than that).
What should I prepare before coming for Yoga TTC?
You should prepare yourself to be open mind, ready to learn and understand, flexible to the totally new environment you are coming to. We give our 100% and expect the same from you. You should bring with you all that you may need to equip yourself at a place so far away from home, but don’t hesitate to ask us in case you need anything.
Bangalore offers you all the basic necessities and we are here to assist you in all that you need. Be prepared that the course is intensive and you will have to dedicate your time physically and mentally, you will have to do assignments and interact with the teachers and fellow students to get most out of the intended course. Be prepared that you may face difficulties at times but remain confident, we are ready to provide you solutions and comfort if you come and talk to us as and when you feel problem.
What should I pack?
Pack lightly. Most people travel with one suitcase or backpack and a small, carry-on backpack that will double as your pack for outings. You will also find plenty of shops to buy inexpensive clothing and toiletries and may actually prefer to not pack much at all and simply purchase most of your necessities once you arrive in Bangalore.
- Pants (for yoga, town, travel, hiking)
- Tops (for yoga, short or long sleeved shirts for other activities)
- Scarf (you may wish to wait to purchase in India), for warmth and covering up (inside temples, etc)
- Outer layer (sweatshirt or light jacket/fleece)
- Tennis Shoes (something to hike and walk in)
- Sandals (most prefer flip-flops for the accommodations and in town)
- Hat, Sunglasses (the sun can be intense)
- Swimwear (Modest for everyone. Most will swim in their yoga clothes, but if you prefer a bathing suit, board shorts for men and one-piece with a cover-up for women
Notes about clothing:
- The key word for clothing: modest. While sleeveless yoga tops may be appropriate in the yoga hall, they will not be appropriate out in public. Tight yoga pants and leggings are also okay in the yoga hall, but are not recommended when walking in public.
- Err on the side of packing lightly.
- Very affordable laundry service is available (women should be prepared to wash intimate apparel in their room).
- Several packages of travel-sized tissue
- Hand sanitizer
- Bug Repellent
- Shampoo, Soap, Lotion, etc.
- Nail clippers, tweezers, razor
- Travel packs of facial/body wipes
- Tampons (they are difficult to find in India)
A note about toiletries:
- Leave your hair dryers, curling and flat irons, etc at home. Even with adapters, they will overheat and create shocks/melting. A wide range of products are available in India, including local brands you may wish to try.
*These are only suggestions. Please consult your medical provider!
- Chewable Pepto-Bismol, Tums
- Broad spectrum antibiotic and antibiotic ointment
- Small travel-sized first-aid kit that includes band-aides and alcohol/antibacterial wipes
- Malaria pills if you choose to take them
A few notes about medical supplies:
- Consider providing us with a list of any allergies, special medical conditions, prescription medicines, blood type, and insurance card and number.
- Small purse or money belt
- $300-$500 in cash to exchange for rupees
- 2 photocopies of important documents (one for suitcase, one for carry one), including copy of passport, visa, and documents with important phone numbers (i.e. credit card, loved ones, health insurance)
- 1 additional photocopy of passport and visa for your accommodations manager
- Reusable water bottle
- Journal, pens
- Spare bag for souvenirs (you can ship things home from Bangalore as well)
- Camera, Charger/batteries
- Alarm clock
- Small flashlight
- Yoga mats are provided, you may bring your own if you prefer
On the way out the door double check for…
- Toiletries for the flight
- Socks to keep your feet warm on the flight
*We understand it can be a tough decision whether or not to join our Yoga TTC, as it is a big commitment of time and money. We are here to provide you with the answers to any questions you may have about the course or travel to India. Please do not hesitate to contact us if we have not answered your questions here!